Frequently Asked Questions
What's Beacon's routing number?
Am I eligible to join Beacon?
If you live, work or worship in Beacon's membership area, you qualify.
Does Beacon notarize documents and is there a fee?
Yes, Beacon notarizes documents. This service is free for our membership.
Does Beacon accept third party checks?
No, Beacon does not accept third party checks.
How do I get a new PIN number?
1. Visit a branch and ask a Beacon representative to change your PIN number.
2. Call 1.800.290.7893 to change your PIN.
How do I get a new Debit or Credit card?
There are a few ways to request a new debit or credit card...
1. Visit a branch. You can request a card from a Beacon representative and your card can be printed in the branch while you wait.
2. Send a message through the Beacon Mobile App or Beacon Online Banking. Your new card will be ordered though the mail.
3. Call Beacon's Service Center at 434.237.1566
What is a credit union?
A credit union is a not-for-profit financial organization that is member owned and offers banking services.
How do I pay on my Beacon loan?
There are several ways to pay on your Beacon loan...
1. Transfer funds from your Beacon Checking or Savings account, using the Beacon Mobile App or Beacon Online Banking.
2. Use Bank to Bank transfer to send money to your Beacon account from a non-Beacon account that's in your name. This service is available on the Beacon Online Banking and the Beacon Mobile App.
3. Use Beacon's Online Pay option to pay with a debit or credit card. Click here to visit that web page. There is a fee associated with this option.
4. Calling Beacon's Service Center at 434.237.1566.
Does Beacon offer loans for land?
Yes. Beacon offers land loans for commercial use through our Business lending department.
Does Beacon offer commercial loans?
Yes. Click here to learn more about Beacon's Business products.