You've found the perfect house, but what about the neighborhood? Sometimes a good or bad neighborhood can make all the difference in how much you grow to love your new home.
1. Talk to neighbors to find out what they like and don't like about the area.
2. Think about your drive to work. If it's pretty far, maybe practice the route to see if you're okay with the distance.
3. How close are you to family?
4. Consider how close you want to be to stores or restaurants.
5. Look around to see if people are outside, sitting on porches, walking dogs. Does it seem like a safe area?
6. Check local crime statistics on police department websites.
7. Research the school systems.
8. Look into home values throughout your neighborhood to see if they're about equal.Do these homes hold value over time?
9. Are city services available? Is trash pick up an option and are streets and sidewalks well maintained?
10. Is growth is apparent? Are new businesses or new homes are being built?