Today is Bilbo Baggins' birthday, aka international Hobbit day. Whether you're a fan of J.R.R. Tolkein or not, here's a few quotes that can inspire your business goals.
"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"Short cuts make long delays."
"The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out."
It’s finally here! The Beacon Mobile App… Access your accounts, pay bills and so much more right from your smart phone.
Here's some handy information about your Beacon Mobile Banking App...
Avoid searching the app in your usual smart phone resources. We made the link available from the home page of our website (and above) so that you can safely download the app.
Beacon Online Banking and the Beacon Mobile App work together to bring you accurate account information when you're conducting transfers, paying bills and checking your accounts.
Whenever and wherever you are transfer funds, pay bills, set visa and debit card controls and so much more all from the convenience of your smart phone.
1. The last time an Olympic winner received an actual gold medal (made from real gold) was in 1912. Today’s gold medals are 93% silver and 6% copper.
2. For a short time period starting in 1912, art, literature, architecture, music and sculpture were juried competitions awarded gold, silver and bronze medals for their sports themed entries.
3. The first American woman to win in the Olympics never knew that’s what she was competing in. Margaret Abbott, from Chicago, entered a golf tournament that she saw advertised while she was studying art in Paris. She shot a 47 on a nine hole course and took the home the Porcelain bowl award from the 1900 Paris games. She died in 1955 without ever realizing she had won an event in the Olympic games or that she was the first American woman to do so.
4. Participants use 5 to 7 pairs of shoes in a decathlon for their sprinting, running, jumping and throwing events.
5. 6 Olympians have appeared in James Bond films, including Harold Sakata who played Oddjob in Goldfinger.
Last week, Scott Hudson, Marketing Director of Beacon Credit Union was given the Dale H. Harris Hall of Fame award for his years of service and dedication to CASA of Central Virginia. Through Scott’s involvement with CASA, Beacon has sponsored numerous events, including the annual Ladies Night Out and our very own Beacon Golf Classic and donated time and money to CASA’s efforts.
CASA trains volunteers to work with children from abused and neglected circumstances, so that when they have to go to court, their side of the story can be heard and interpreted. With a CASA representative there to communicate their needs and issues, these children can be given a more promising future.
Beacon looks forward to working with CASA for many more wonderful events and fundraisers. For more information about CASA, click here.