The first three years of school shapes a child's future. The things learned during this time period will determine how far they will excel in school and after they graduate.
Many people do not have access to 401ks and other retirement options through their employers, but the US Treasury has introduced a new way for individuals to start saving for retirement. The myRA (My Retirement Account) was introduced in December of 2014 and offers many of the same perks and benefits as a traditional retirement account.
Here are some of the benefits of this new program…
- Make after-tax contributions to an IRA account through reoccurring payroll deductions
- You can deposit money from multiple employers
- You can carry the account from one job to the next
- Contributions are securely invested in the U.S. Treasury savings bond and earns interest at the same rate as investments in the government securities fund available to federal employees
- The maximum annual contribution is $5,500 ($6,500 for those 50 and older) as with all Roth IRA’s
- Income limits apply
- After-tax contributions can be withdrawn anytime without tax or penalty.
- myRA accounts can be used for 30 years or until the balance reaches $15,000… your investment then gets rolled over to a private sector Roth IRA where the individual can continue to grow their investment.
Doing a little spring cleaning and not sure what to do with all that junk you're planning to throw away. Here's a couple of things you can do to earn some extra money from your used items...
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Set up your own yard sale or go to a flea market to earn a little extra money on stuff you were planning to throw away anyway.
From Facebook’s numerous online yard sale groups to Craigslist and Ebay there are several places online to sell your unwanted items.
Everyone has loose change that falls between seat cushions in your car or sofa or gets knocked behind your dresser.
If you have a lot of lightly worn clothes that you are planning to get rid of, try taking them to a consignment store to earn a few extra dollars instead.
Are your last 3 cell phones sitting a drawer somewhere collecting dust. Did you know you can take your old cell phones and tablet to a kiosks to get money for them.