Having worked with the Children's Miracle Network of Central Virginia for over 15 years, it's always wonderful to see news of how Beacon's support benefits the community.
Recently, Children's Miracle Network announced they are purchasing 4 brand new NICU pods for Virginia Baptist hospital. These pods will be used to treat babies who're born with substance addictions. Larry Lilley, NICU manager at Virginia Baptist stated that up to 35% of babies in the neonatal intensive care unit are born addicted to drugs.
Click here to visit WSET's article detailing how the NCIU units will be used.
Beacon has worked with Children's Miracle Network on numerous events throughout the years, including last year's "Love of Children's Ball"... We are again sponsoring this newly titled event, the "Miracle Makers Mingle" on August 25th at the Amazement Square in downtown Lynchburg. Keep an eye on our website, Facebook and Twitter for updates on this event.
Starting the home buying process can seem daunting, but Beacon is here to help walk you through the steps. Here is an overview of what a typical home buying process looks like. Visit us today and we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have about how to get started.
1. Get pre-qualified by your lender.
2. Make an offer on a house with the help of a real estate agent.
3. With the acceptance of your contract, the house is placed in escrow.
4. Your loan application is submitted to the lender.
5. Your loan is moved to underwriting for approval.
6. All loan materials are gathered, reviewed, verified and processed.
7. Your lender will order title and property appraisal
8. The closing agent prepares your final documents.
9. You get to sign your documents, and the loan is funded and recorded.
10. You receive the keys to your new home!
Beacon has a new branch! Opening on Monday, June 11th at 9am, the new location will be at 630 Piney Forest Road in Danville Virginia.
Beacon's Riverside Drive location will be closing for business at the end of day on Friday, June 8th. Please visit our new branch on Monday or you can visit us at 320 Old Riverside Drive, only 3 minutes from the Riverside Drive location.
For a listing of all our branches and hours, click here.
This year's applicants to the 2018 Beacon Credit Union Scholarship represented some of the best high school seniors in the state. With multiple class valedictorians, student council officers, governors school attendees and student leaders from every region that Beacon serves, these students represented the true spirit of this Scholarship Program.