Join us at the "Love My Home" Greater Lynchburg Home and Garden Show from February 15th through February 17th at River Ridge Mall (in the old Macy's location). Our Mortgage and Business experts will join a vast selection of professionals that will be there to share with you creative ideas, information and tips about everything to do with your home.
To read more about the guest speakers, click here.
Exhibitors include realtors, businesses and organizations that provide advice on everything from remodeling your home to financing your home to decorating your home. Don't miss this exciting event!
Be sure to connect with Beacon's Linkedin page to keep up with...
Keller Williams' Realtor, Stacy Powell will be there to show off the property, while Beacon's Mortgage lender, Kris Doswell will be on site to answer any questions you have about lending. With 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, a new kitchen, new roof, updated plumbing and fresh paint, it's a great property for someone looking to switch from renting to owning their own home. Check out the Zillow listing here.
If you have question before Sunday, feel free to call...
434.444.1983 or 434.534.9113
1. Research the companies you're considering thoroughly. Check for a physical address, business reviews, company history and more.
2. Have the company visit your house prior to the move to give you a realistic estimate of time and money. Never accept an estimate over the phone.
3. Make sure that the company has insurance in case anything is damaged during the move.
4. Ask for the company's DOT number (US Department of Transportation) and use the FMCSA database to check if the company is registered.
5. Check multiple companies to see who has the best estimate and the better offers, but be careful of offers that seem too good to be true.
6. Never pay in advance or in cash.
7. Make sure all contracts are reviewed and signed before you allow the movers to start packing up any of your valuables in their truck.