Prize will be awarded after October 13, 2014
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME AND WITHOUT NOTICE.
- Eligibility Restrictions: Promotion is open to any resident in Virginia and North Carolina who is eligible to join Beacon Credit Union, a Virginia Corporation (Eligibility Requirements: Persons who live, work, worship or go to school in, and businesses and other legal entities located in Amherst County VA, Appomattox County VA, Bedford County VA, Campbell County VA, Rockbridge County VA, Pittsylvania County VA, Caswell County NC, Rockingham County NC, City of Lynchburg VA, City of Danville VA, City of Lexington VA, City of Buena Vista VA, City of Reidsville NC, City of Eden NC, Town of Altavista VA, and Town of Appomattox VA, Town of Bedford VA, and all of communities or townships contain within the above listed counties.) and who are 18 years of age and older. If currently a Beacon Credit Union member, must be in good standing and who is 18 years of age and older. Employees of Beacon Credit Union, Board of Directors, officials, volunteers, immediate family members, and employees and principals from participating sponsors/promotional partners are not eligible. Immediate family shall include spouse, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, and any other person residing within the same household. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Beacon Credit Union.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on June 1, 2014, at 12:00a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) and ends on October 5, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. EDT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter the Contest: Entry forms can be completed via internet at Beacon Credit Union website, www.mybcu.org or visit any Beacon Credit Union location. Can enter electronically via internet or via printed entry form and mail or drop off at any Beacon Credit Union location. Additionally, entry can be made by sending a postcard with your name, address, and phone number to: Beacon Credit Union, Attn: Marketing Department 75th Anniversary Celebration $30K Car Giveaway, P O Box 4319, Lynchburg, VA 24502. Valid entries must be postmarked no later than October 5, 2014, and received by October 13, 2014. Limited to one entry per person.
- Prize: One (1) grand prize winner will receive a voucher up to $30,000 payable for the purchase of a vehicle at one of Beacon’s partner dealerships within the field of membership (approved list of partner dealerships available upon request). Winner must be a licensed driver and will be required to provide proof of insurance at time of delivery. Winner is responsible for taxes/title/transfer, license, registration, auto insurance, and other fees associated with the grand prize. Winner must take delivery of the grand prize from any of the approved Beacon partner dealerships. Your odds of winning are dependent upon the total entries received June 1, 2014 through October 5, 2014.
- Grand Prize Winner Drawing and Notification: One (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected by Sponsor on or about October 13, 2014 in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The grand prize winner will be contacted either by phone, e-mail, or in writing after October 13, 2014. If winner happens to be a member of Beacon Credit Union and is not a member in good standing at time of drawing, they will be excluded as winner. If winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible or has not claimed the prize by November 13, 2014, an alternate winner will be randomly selected from all remaining entries.
- Additional Terms and Conditions of Prize: Prizes are non-transferrable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner is responsible for all costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with a prize or the acceptance and use of any element of a prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are winner’s responsibility. The winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the $30,000 credit voucher prize.
- Release: By entering the contest, winner agrees to waive any and all claims against Beacon Credit Union officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives for personal injury, including death, or damage to, or loss of any property arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsor use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Beacon Credit Union reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Sweepstakes or any part of it, for any reason, including if any fraud, technical failures, human error, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: Beacon Credit Union officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, stolen, lost, late, garbled, delayed, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, postage due, or ineligible entries or in the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize. If, in the exclusive judgment of Beacon Credit Union, this contest becomes compromised in any way, they reserve the right to withdraw the contest offer, cancel any method of entry, void any entries submitted fraudulently, or select winners from all eligible entries received prior to the act that compromised the contest. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements.